Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summary of all remaining items!!!

6. Find 20 World Series Cards for Dad (7/20)
I purchased 3 more cards for my Dad for his bday. I’m going to keep the list of cards he has on hand for the future but the only way I will make it to 20 cards for him is I purchase duplicates. The particular cards he is looking for are not as easy to locate as I’d thought.

9. Visit Roomie
So I didn’t get this one accomplished. I tried making it so that during a work trip I could just stay for the weekend but of course she ended up being out of town that trip. But I know that I will be visiting her sometime before the end of the year because she is moving back to the Chicago area!!! SO excited :) Can’t wait to see her again. She’s an amazing motivator.

10. Make 5 new friends outside of work (4/5)
I can’t say that I’ve really made much more progress on this front. As all my friends know, for the last year I’ve been a LOT pre-occupied with my “new” boyfriend and finding out about our relationship. I’m guessing that my long term friends may have felt a little slighted had I neglected them for so long yet made a new friend in that same time frame. I’m guessing things will come to a new “normal” and my long-term friendships will start to get more attention again and also I may have time to devote to meeting new people outside of work. I’m feeling the winds of change starting so hang in there long-term friends ;)

14. (Private)
As I’ve stated previously I’ve given up on this item for now. I knew things would change in three year, but at the outset of the list I didn’t think this would be an item to be left unaccomplished but here it is and at the current state of my life I’m ok with that.

15. Start a Graduate Program
This item too has surprised me. I know I will do a graduate program I just need to get off my lazy butt and start researching MBA programs.

16. (Private)
This item goes along with 14. It won’t get completed in the near future. It surprises me but I can live with it for now.

19. Buy a high-end pair of shoes
Over the time of the list I’ve purchased SEVERAL pairs of shoes but none of them have fallen into the “high-end” category. This is still the case. I guess I just can’t bring myself to “gamble” on a pair of really expensive shoes and them not be comfortable. Oh and the $$$ associated with this item directly contradicts my desire to save money and follow a budget. I’m always keeping my eye out for some fun new shoes I just don’t thing I’m going to be dropping crazy cash on them any time soon.

22. (Private)
Item complete. I think I’m going to continue shopping for this type of item in the future but for now I’ve completed this list item in time for the list and it was kinda fun :)

23. Learn CPR
C and I are starting a list of our own to be done together, this is one of the items that will be moved to the new list because he would like to learn as well.

26. Get a Pet
I’m actually quite surprised that this item has not been completed. I’ve been wanting a cat since I moved to Indiana. This was actually part of the criteria for my first apartment but then I started traveling a lot and I realized a pet would be a slight inconvenience. And now that I’ve moved in with C and he wants a dog we have decided that WHEN we get a pet we will get two a cat and a dog so that neither animal has a dominance issue

28. Lose 25 lbs
I completed this item!! I barely squeezed it in and I thought that it may not get completed since I was 2 pounds away 1.5 weeks from the end of the list and I had a 4 day work trip to overcome. SOMEHOW I managed to make it through the week without gaining any weight and actually losing 2 pounds! Good stuff.

31. Do sit-ups and push-ups each night for 3 months
Complete. Finished this between the end of May and June. This last month of sit-ups was surprisingly difficult, I’d started it once before but no luck.

38. Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity
Moved to a new list w C. This one has been quite frustrating. I volunteered for the local chapter as soon as I started this list and have been on their email list but the local chapter of H4H is very poorly organized and apparently only does a house about every 1.5 yrs. I should have done this sooner but I just thought to branch out to other counties and what do you know, one that’s about an hour away is currently working on a house! C and I are going to try and get in on that project but that will not happen before Aug 2nd.

39. Find a community clean-up group in the Warsaw area
Moved to a new list w C

40. Volunteer at Our Father’s House
Moved to a new list w C

45. Start doing Stained Glass
Sooo, I don’t know what to say about this item. I now have the supplies but I haven’t really been extremely motivated for this and my work area has been overtaken with the current basement project. Hopefully this winter after the basement is finished I can get started an a new project

46. Finish my stained glass project at J&C’s
I just need to ship this project from J&C’s on my next visit to see them. I should have done this previously but of course I had other priorities.

47. Blow up 2 pictures per year (4/6)
LAME!!!! I think I’m just too picky when it comes to my own photography. I’ve taken hundreds (if not thousands of pictures) since I started the list but so few of them have met my criteria to deserve to be blown up. That’s pretty frustrating. I’m going to continue searching for the right pictures to print and frame but for now this item is incomplete

53. Learn to Wakeboard
Nope. At the time of the list I thought I’d have more time to spend with friends on the lake but with all the traveling I’ve done over the last 2 Summer’s there just hasn’t been time.

55. Learn to drive a Manual Transmission
Another miss. I’ve driven a manual before and think that I may be able to pick this up but I haven’t had the chance/taken people up on their offers during the last 1001 days so I have to call this item “Incomplete”.

56. Go on 2 century bike rides (1/2)
I’m thinking I was a little overzealous when I thought I’d want to do TWO of these insane rides. After my first one I didn’t ride my bike for 2 weeks! Yeah, not so worth it.

57. Go for a bike ride in Chicago along Lake Michigan
Moved to a new list w C

58. Attend a wine tasting class
Moved to a new list w C

63. See the Northern Lights
This has changed to a lifelong goal.

65. See Niagara Falls
Moved to a new list w C

73. Learn about investments
I believe this will be a lifelong learning activity. I have started learning though and plan to keep doing so.

79. Make a will
I don’t really believe I have enough possessions to create a will. That’s kind of sad but true. I have a car and other random stuff but nothing really of substance…like a house.

86. See a Professional Orchestra Concert
Moved to a new list w C

88. No TV for a week (10/10)
Complete – no tv the week of Jamaica

93. Find a piece of art for the large wall in the Living Room
Doesn’t really apply to my new residence so this item is incomplete.

97. Send at least one card per month (33/33)
May – parents anniv, matt’s 30th
June – Father’s day (dad and grandpa’s)
July – Dad’s bday card, Terrie S
Aug – Sent on Aug 2nd :)

101. Blog about completed items
Yes sir. I've done that :)

0 comments: