Wednesday, October 14, 2009

# 12 Reconnect with old friends (2 / 2)

What time and long distance have separated, Facebook has reunited! My LONGEST friend recently found me on FB and I was SOOOO excited to see her friend invite. She is the first friend I can remember having...and a large majority of my childhood memories include her. Jen T. and I were the best of friends and at times the worst of enemies...only because we had gotten in trouble and felt that the other was to blame for us getting caught ;) And oh did we ever get in trouble! Ha ha! Our adventures included crushing on the same boy, exploring the woods behind my house, playing kick the can at night, playing together while our parents played cards or Risk, barbies in my basement (and a bug smashing book that she reminded me of), hanging out at the roller-skating rink, and dressing up for Halloween. Our not so wonderful moments include perpetually being mean to my nagging younger sister, teasing Jen's dogs, writing our names on her patio in crab apples that happened to stain, trying to scare the crap out each other in her basement playing "Light as a feather", and even the day that I broke my leg. It's amazing the parts that "Jens" have played in my life.

The best friend or my youth and the best friend of my adult life are both named Jennifer (Jen). Their personalities are dynamically different yet they were both astoundingly influential in helping to form who I am today.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww... Miss you :)