Thanks to my trip to Florida last week I'm able to add 4 more restaurants to my list and they are:
8. Five Guys Burgers and Fries I went to the Naples, FL location but apparently this is an Eastern US chain. First, they have free peanuts and steel buckets where you can help yourself YUM! :) On to the food...Their regular size burgers are actually double burgers and their fries are GREAT! They aren't steak fries but they are still very good. My dad, brother and I went there for lunch; we ordered 2 "regular" burgers and a large fry to split and this was DEFINITELY enough. Their menu is pretty simple as you can see from their link above but the great thing is that you can add all sorts of stuff to your burger for NO EXTRA CHARGE!! :) If you happen to see one of these in your travels I highly recommend stopping.
9. I made my first trip to a Disney park while I was in Florida. I took a co-worker's advice and went to Epcot the evening before a big work meeting. After a full day of traveling my main goal was to find a place to eat! I went to the guest services area and made reservations for a buffet style German restaurant called the Biergarten. The area seemed a little touristy (what else would you expect AT a Disney park) but I really enjoyed the restaurant. No matter the size of your group they try to fill up tables of 8...apparently this is the custom in Germany during Oktoberfest.... Anyway, I was seat with this wonderful group of three. A man (Bernie) , his wife (Susan) and her sister (Reggie) (who was visiting from NY). I had such a great time talking with them and watching the shows and then going back to the buffet for seconds...and thirds :) I hope that everyone could have as great of a "fix up" I did when I went...my table-mates TOTALLY made this place for me :)
10. While at a meeting for work at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, FL I went to dinner with a few co-workers at one of the restaurants in the hotel. Usually I don't prefer this but it had been SUCH A LONG WEEK (and no one had a car) so this was our best option. We decided to go to the Mediterranean restaurant called Villa de Flora. They offered a buffet with a variety of foods...but my favorite part was the build-you-own-pasta chef. The dessert was pretty good as well; I had this amazing custardy thing that I may be seeking out from the rest of my life!!!
11. Einstein Bros. Bagels I've seen these places everywhere and probably would have continued to pass them but but during my layover in Detroit there happened to be a EBB shop right next to my gate...AND I WAS STARVING...so dinner it was...and it was pretty good. I've never been one to turn down a toasted bagel sandwich and after this experience I will continue to hold strong in this feeling :) I had the Tastey Turkey on Asiago Bagel...now there is NOTHING about that that doesn't sound delicious :)
13 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment