Monday, September 8, 2008

# 44 Books (34 / 50)


From the recommendation of gofurr25, I decided to give the Shopaholic series another chance with another audio book while taking a road trip this past weekend. I can now FIRMLY say that I can NOT STAND the main character of these books!!!! The main character of Confessions of a Shopaholic is VERY WELL written but her behaviors THOROUGHLY PISS ME OFF!!! She is extremely irresponsible with her spending and I can't stand it! I have to say that since I have such strong feelings about the character that I accept the fact that the author did a great job of character development but I will NOT read another book in this series. I can see how someone could find these books as entertaining but by listening to them for 11hrs in the car and not being able to escape (I know I could have turned them off but by the time I'd gotten a few disks in I felt like I had to finish it) I only developed frustrations toward the main character and won't attempt this series again (see my prior comments on book #30 of this list).

0 comments: