Wednesday, September 17, 2008

# 83 Films (5 / 7)

This past weekend was really crappy out so a friend of mine and I went to see a movie at the local theater. The movie was American Teen. The best part about this film was that it was a documentary filmed in little ol' Warsaw, IN!!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!?! The premise behind the movie is that it follows 5 seniors through their final year in high school. The original intent was to compare the differences between Midwest high school experiences and that of a larger city. However, after the filming, the producers decided that the experiences were very similar in both locations so they only produced the stuff they filmed about the Warsaw kids. It was totally surreal watching a movie filmed in the small town that I'm currently residing in. This film was shown at MANY Film Festivals around the country and received tons of recognition.

It really is an interesting film but I think I was so focused on trying identify things and people that I recognize that I really didn't focus on the film as much as I should have. I guess I'm going to have to see it again ;)

I think you should check it out...for the sole purpose of the fact that you've been here several times before ;)

0 comments: