Monday, June 16, 2008

# 56 Century Bike Ride (1 / 2)

With very short notice I decided to participate in a long bike ride this past Saturday from Warsaw to Warren Dunes, MI with a local church group called 2nd Mile Adventure. I was QUITE unprepared but thanks to some very great people I was able to complete the 87 mile ride without major (or minor) issues. Unfortunately once we arrived at the park I still had 13 miles to ride in order to complete my 100 miles so I stayed on my bike and rode around the park for another 45min...however there weren't any areas where I could travel long distances at a decent average speed so after riding around the park for 45min and only going 10 miles I had to stop and load my stuff on the bus that was bringing us back home. 4.5 hours after I got off my bike I jumped back on my bike at 9pm and rode around for 3 more miles. (That was the most painful 3 miles I've EVER ridden!!!) I don't care who you are, riding a bike for 100 miles in one day is hard...especially on your bumm! :-S I'm still feelin' the seat but otherwise I'm VERY happy I chose to go on this ride (even if I was giving my coworker a hard time about it throughout the ride ;)

0 comments: