Wednesday, July 30, 2008

# 59 Foreign Countries (3 / 4)


One of my coworkers recently decided to quick her job to study Spanish in Costa Rica for 3 months. I'm ENTIRELY envious of her strength to make such a drastic move but I know that she will be happy with this decision for the rest of her life.


When she told me of her plans I was SOOOO excited for her. She, like many other people, do not belong in the small town where we live/work and she's finally (after 5 years) made the move to liberate herself from this area ;) I'm SO proud of her. Anyway, at the same moment that I was expressing my extreme excitement for her I also was deciding that I had to go visit her and calculating when exactly would be the best time to do this (to get the most out of the least amount of vacation days). I decided that I'd go visit her over the 4th of July weekend as we would have Friday off and I would only need to take one additional day in order to have a decent duration for a quick visit. I actually booked my trip to visit her BEFORE she'd even left The States ;)


Anyway, the trip was great. I flew into San Jose, stayed with her host family, we took a bus ride Guanacaste (a beachy resort area) and stayed a night there, and then took the bus back to San Jose where we shopped around the downtown area and took a public bus back to her host families house for my last night there. It was FAR too quick but I really had a great time. I'm glad I went but I can't really say that I have a major pull to travel back to the area anytime soon. I'd also have to say that my favorite part of all were the 5.5hr drives between Guanacaste and San Jose. We were able to see SO much of the country...it's SOOOO beautiful and SOOOO green :)

0 comments: